Re: Reporting an attack

From: zenner (zenner_at_pacbell.net)
Date: 02/09/04

Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2004 20:28:59 GMT

If your log is reporting the "attempt', the obviously whatever he is doing
isn't working. If you are looking for revenge or counter-measures that would
do something to the attacker...that's another story and another
group...probably requiring a level of skill that your question doesn't
support.

If you have done a whois or have access to NeoTrace, you should be able to
pinpoint the apparent last point of the attack, that may not be were it is
actually coming from. Just a note, many people do not know how to properly
configure their system/network. If you have allowed a NetBIOS, NetBeui
protocol to remain on your system and he is too, you may be seeing a
broadcast trying to discover if you are part of his network.

"KerplunKuK" <kerplunk@SPAMgreenday.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
: What is the best method to report or counter a person who is repeatedly
: trying to hack into my PC? I have the IP address and have done a who is
: query.
:
: Thanks
: