Re: Allow internet traffic for self build programs in Norton Personal Firewall

From: Andre (andre_at_cds-nl.NOSPAM.com)
Date: 02/06/04

Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 11:47:58 +0100

Thanks for all your replys.

When I put the ip address of the DNS server of our internet access provider
into the trusted zone, together with the ip address of our internet servers
he wants to contact, the problem is solved.

But in one way I have the feeling that I have opened a back door.

My computer is behind a NAT router, but I still get intrusions and port
scanner notification froms NIS. In the router the NAT table is empty,
nothing is set to redirect to my computer. But somehow I still get this
messages.

Brdgs
Andre

"Andre" <antispam@cds-nl.com> schreef in bericht
> Hi,
>
> I have installed Norton Internet Security 2004 with the Norton
> Personal Firewall.
>
> When a program tries to contact the internet a window pop up with the
> question if you allow it or if you want to block it.
> This al works fine, it remembers the programs I block and grant
> access. Except for my own programs I make, everytime I compile and
> link my program it asks if I allow or block the program. This very
> annoying.
>
> I am programmer and when you are testing you have to rebuild the
> program very often and then this stupid screen popups again.
>
> When I look into the configuration of the personal firewall I see my
> program to be listed more then 100 times that internet access is
> allowed.
>
> I understand that norton thinks it is a new or altered program, so it
> ask me it again, but is their a way to turn this off.
>
> Thanks
> Andre

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Group Policy - Restrict Internet Access by OU?
    ... you could not find ISA on SBS 2003, you can use SBS premium technology disk ... to install ISA server. ... restrict internet access on special user group. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: ISA 2004 - Internet Access without using Firewall Client
    ... you can not install ISA firewall client on mobile laptops but meanwhile ... we can make the laptops to access Internet without ... ISA server on SBS only allows domain user access Internet. ... How to configure Internet access in Windows Small Business Server 2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS ISA2004 allows all users internet access, why?
    ... > Did you try making a new rule in ISA 2004 after the upgrade? ... > changes the users that I put in that group could not access the Internet. ... >>> internet access what difference does it make whether All User or SBS ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: SBS ISA2004 allows all users internet access, why?
    ... allowed in the SBS Internet Access Rule in ISA2004? ... >> internet access what difference does it make whether All User or SBS ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Allow internet traffic for self build programs in Norton Personal Firewall
    ... I have installed Norton Internet Security 2004 with the Norton ... When I look into the configuration of the personal firewall I see my ... program to be listed more then 100 times that internet access is ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)