firewalls that can ssl ftp?

From: Ken (dallarax11_at_techie.com)
Date: 02/03/04

Date: 2 Feb 2004 16:46:19 -0800

Anyone have experience with good ways to do secure ftp (ftp over ssl)
in an enterprise setting? We use ftp for partner apps and want to
encrypt everything. Looked at secure ftp servers from Valicert, etc.
but they seem like overkill. Does anyone know of a firewall that does
ssl that can also encrypt ftp?

Relevant Pages

  • How perform unattended transfers in a script using perhaps SSH,SCP or HTTPS/SSL?, pcumming
    ... our customers (with Windows most likely). ... The files are EDI files--just a file we need to encrypt and send via a ... I have heard of Secure FTP, PGP encryption, SSH, SCP and SCP, not to ... We are not running any sort of FTP server now. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • How perform unattended transfers in a script using perhaps SSH,SCP or HTTPS/SSL?, pcumming
    ... our customers (with Windows most likely). ... The files are EDI files--just a file we need to encrypt and send via a ... I have heard of Secure FTP, PGP encryption, SSH, SCP and SCP, not to ... We are not running any sort of FTP server now. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: How to secure FTP?
    ... if it *does* fit you'll need to use a FTP service other than ... because it doesn't encrypt usernames and passwords. ... >> and password are required by the server in order to log on, ... >> other mechanisms (such as SSL) that are supported by a number of third ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis.ftp)
  • Re: FTP oddness, over SSH session.
    ... don't encrypt the control channel or you have to give any firewalls ... ('you' being typically the FTP server admin for PASV mode FTP; ... SFTP or SCP -- for those who are unwilling or unable to ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: firewalls that can ssl ftp?
    ... Maybe you can do some ssl tunnel, ... > Anyone have experience with good ways to do secure ftp in ... Looked at secure ftp servers from Valicert, ... We provide Ethical Hacking, Advanced Ethical Hacking, Intrusion ...
    (Security-Basics)