Re: Firewall to protect iis

From: Duane Arnold (notme_at_notme.com)
Date: 02/03/04

Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2004 00:29:50 GMT

"John" <reply@tothegroup.com> wrote in
news:401ec9e2$0$18965$65c69314@mercury.nildram.net:

> Hi
>
> Firstly, sorry for the cross-post.
>
> And now for my question:
> I am going to install a MS 2003 Server as a web server shortly.
> Unfortunatly our budget doesnt stretch to a standalone firewall, so
> can anyone suggest a good, but resonably priced software one that will
> protect my server from hacking gits and also log access etc?
>
> I only have a single PC so bear this in mind with your suggestions.
>
> Thank-you v.much.
>
> John

You should get a Nat router that has SPI that can Block IP's. You should
secure the Win 2K3 O/S and IIS.

You can use IPsec that's on the O/S behind the NAT router to help secure
the machine. IPsec can block inboubd or outbound by IP, port, protcol,
DNS, etc, etc.

http://www.petri.co.il/block_ping_traffic_with_ipsec.htm

Duane :)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: "Classic logon" screen in XP does not remeber the user name
    ... John N ... XP Pro workstation [not for W2003 Server though]. ... user account to the Remote Desktop Users group which should show as ...
  • Re: "Classic logon" screen in XP does not remeber the user name
    ... not use the default (Administrator) user profile, as a precaution to not mess ... John N ... When I am at the server, ... and log onto a workstation, that workstation immediately goes to a locked ...
  • RE: Search Problem - Not working
    ... up was installed by a third party company for the purposes of demo'ing SPP ... "John S" wrote: ... It is a shame that SPS & WSS use completely diferent search engines. ... > the search bits required were not set up in SQL Server. ...
    (microsoft.public.sharepoint.portalserver.development)
  • Re: Importing CSV File
    ... Thanks, John. ... the file would need to be visible to the Database server. ... Do While StartPos < Len ... I've never needed to use an ADP and don't have an instance of SQL server ...
    (microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba)
  • Re: Event viewer security issue
    ... How to Restore the Default NTFS Permissions for Windows 2000 ... Microsoft Certified Professional ... "John" wrote in: ... |> After that, reboot the server. ...