Re: tracking software after SYGate installed

From: curious (heyimjustcurious_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 02/02/04

Date: 2 Feb 2004 14:29:49 -0800

Rheem <rheem@fulboar.net> wrote in message news:<MPG.1a8704e642e49c7f9896de@news.east.earthlink.net>...
> In article <ca3e516b.0402010919.9a667fa@posting.google.com>, heyimjustcurious@yahoo.com says...
> > , AFter installing SyGate, I STILL get this message popped up, saying
> > that we have detecetd that you ahve tracking software. Please download
> > this scanner, blah..blah..
> I don't understand this statement.
> >
> > I guess that only means, my SyGate is not in optimum protetction mode.
>
> Popup windows are a normal thing. The popups show when your
> computer is under attack, also they show when an application/
> service (that you have blocked) is attempting to make an outgoing
> connection.
> I get the impression that your Sygate is working as designed.
> >
> > I wonder what port is being use for that message; and what application
> > is accepting the contact from that IP address.
>
> Look at the Traffic Log. It lists all connections, or attempted
> connections, incoming/outgoing, IPs, Remote/Local Ports, application
> (if outgoing) and the type of rule that allowed/blocked.

my response was for Security Log. Traffic log shows a lot more; some
blocked some allowed. Most of allowed are ok but the rest, I have to
understand...

Relevant Pages

    ... >> Sygate. ... Your log is showing that the connection is being blocked ... > see if there is a port number problem. ... > with the port numbers listed in the traffic log for this ...
    (comp.security.misc)
    ... >> Sygate. ... Your log is showing that the connection is being blocked ... > see if there is a port number problem. ... > with the port numbers listed in the traffic log for this ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
    ... >> Sygate. ... Your log is showing that the connection is being blocked ... > see if there is a port number problem. ... > with the port numbers listed in the traffic log for this ...
    (alt.computer.security)