Re: FTP Server behind a Checkpoint 4.1

From: Richard (richard_at_nospam.no)
Date: 02/02/04

Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2004 17:23:41 GMT

Hehe, any aint really any in CP, believe me!
I've worked on CP for a few years now and FTP is not considered ANY
service...

Rich

"Aliensurfer" <alien@mbf7.NOSPAM.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Thanks Rich,
>
> But at the moment I've set the Services to Any and I'm still getting the
> problem.
>
> I'll check out the hotfixes.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt
> "Richard" <richard@nospam.no> wrote in message
> > I do'nt remember what SP and Hotfix took care of that problem, but...
> > (Actually i thought that was a 3.0 problem...)
> > Using PASV FTP mode should solve the case easily.
> >
> > Rich
> >

> > "Aliensurfer" <alien@mbf7.NOSPAM.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I have an FTP server behind a Checkpoint 4.1 SP2 Box but have trouble
> with
> > > the FTP Server. I can connect and authenticate but when i try to see i
> > > directory listing etc I get a Connection Closed by Peer Error message.
> > > have tried this through IE6, DOS, BulletProof and CuteFTP. I get this
> > mesage
> > > even if I set the Services to Any. I have a Webserver on the same
> machine
> > > which i can access fine so the NAT and local.arp files appear to be
ok.

> > > I have checked the Checkpoint Secureknowledge site and tried a few
> things
> > > no avail including putting FTP rule above the stealth rule. I know
FTP
> > can
> > > be a pain on 4.1 but never thought it would be like this...I can
connect
> > > the FTP box locally without a problem. Does anybody have any ideas?
> > >
> > > Unfortuantly Upgrading to NG is not an option as this FW will be
coming
> > out
> > > in about 8 weeks and the company won't pay the software subs.
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Matt Ford
> > > CCSA NG + AI

Relevant Pages

  • Re: FTP Adapter BTS2004
    ... "Rich" wrote: ... > warnings are logged within the same minute but the times they occur are not ... is the FTP server you ... > network connections only a part of day, and your ftp receive polls on the ...
    (microsoft.public.biztalk.general)
  • settting up ftp on unix
    ... I am trying to figure out why I can ftp from my DOS prompt to my ... Unix box /export/home/, but I cannot do the reverse. ...
    (comp.unix.admin)
  • Re: graphical ftp client that can copy/paste
    ... it's an amazing file manager, and deals wonderfully with ftp, sftp and even ... smb:// for windoze shares. ... > have the RNFR and RNTO commands in its repertoir. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: FTP scripts and password prompts
    ... ftp -n -s:upload.ftp ... Rich Pasco wrote: ... > In this case "myname" answered the username prompt, ... using this syntax I can't figure out a way to get FTP ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.cmdprompt.admin)
  • Re: FTP scripts and password prompts
    ... user to type a password as I wanted (which I can't get the "-s:" technique to do) and otherwise it seems to work at least as well. ... using this syntax I can't figure out a way to get FTP ... Phil Robyn ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.cmdprompt.admin)