Re: Adware or something is taking over my borwser--pls help.

From: NewsGroups (sbray_at_mail.com)
Date: 02/02/04

Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 17:05:30 -0000

"James Bond" <jbond@universalexports.com> wrote in message
news:Xns94837212ECB95jbonduniversalexport@140.99.99.130...
> First, if this is not an appropritate group for posing this question,
> please refer me to the correct one.
>
> Now, on the the issue. I use google as my search engine and have it set
as
> my home page. Though I am very careful about letting unknown software get
> on my computer, I seem to have something going on that is taking over my
> browser. First, my home page keeps getting changed to SearchCentral.cc
> (actually, in the set home page field it is listed by IP, 81.211.105.43).
>
> Even worse than that, when I am using Google, some portion of the links in
> a google search results page are actually redirected to this same Search
> Central with my original Google search parameters filled in on
> SearchCentral search box. When this happens, the only way I can actually
> get to the url shown in the Google search results is to cut and paste the
> real url.
>
> Can someone please help me figure out how to find the pervasive code that
> is taking over my browser and eradicate it.
>
> Thank you.
>
> James
Download and install SpyBot 1.2, Adaware 6. Run these and should cure your
problem. They are both free downloads.Or, you can download hijackthis.exe,
paste the results in the hijackthis forum, and someone will advise you on
what entries to remove.

  • Re: Bank Holiday offer on Organizer 2
    ... Anyone who still uses a RISC OS browser for everything wants their ... Firefox and Chrome which are both excellent browsers. ... in blocking other unnecessary UI changes on sites such as Google search. ... I visit load about as quickly on Netsurf on this Iyonix as with Firefox ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.apps)
  • Re: Computer Problem
    ... particulary in a search with my browser. ... One annoying destination is a google search page for ... "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't ... matter, and those who matter don't mind." ...
    (misc.fitness.weights)
  • Re: Strange happenings with MS update sites
    ... This site IS up and functional and there is no re-direction involved. ... The other Windows Update URL you posted does use re-direction and you end up ... I can perhaps surmise that your browser is incapable up using ... Google search page, with the URL, http://update.microsoft.com/. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Re: Adware or something is taking over my borwser--pls help.
    ... in the set home page field it ... >> this same Search Central with my original Google search parameters ... >> is to cut and paste the real url. ... >> that is taking over my browser and eradicate it. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Adware or something is taking over my borwser--pls help.
    ... in the set home page field it ... >> this same Search Central with my original Google search parameters ... >> is to cut and paste the real url. ... >> that is taking over my browser and eradicate it. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)