Re: CheckPoint FireWall

From: zenner (zenner_at_pacbell.net)
Date: 02/01/04

Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2004 04:23:44 GMT

If the incoming connection works initially, the stops working, why do you
think it is a Firewall issue? Generally, firewalls do not stop a connection
that it allows, unless a rule is triggered. So, you need to heed the earlier
advice to look in your logs for an event or rule that may have caused the
firewall to block the connection.

The other issue would be to check your mail logs or OS system logs for a
resource problem one or both. If you are using Exchange, it is very possible
for MTA, in exchange 5.5 to stop delivering mail or a bad mail message to
affect delivery.

You need to do more research before condemning the Firewall as the culprit.
Once running, it is very seldom that the firewall will have spontaneous
problems, useless someone tampers with it. How is your access control?

"Jidohansha" <amorales@speakeasy.net> wrote in message
: I have a CP fire setup and after about a day incoming e-mail stops.
: Our out going is fine.
: I even did a send myself mail test inside our LAN(we are running GPW5.5)
: What can I do to try to trace and fix this.
: Newbie to CP.
:
: regards,
:
: anthony

---

  • Re: I am having connectivity problems
    ... firewall and turned ON Windows firewall. ... When I tried to install SP2 I was unable to get it thru Windows Update. ... does the connection problem persist? ...
  • Re: Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2s Firewall
    ... Subject: AW: Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2's Firewall ... If you update a WinXP SP-1 with enabled Internet ... Connection Firewall ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • RE: Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2s Firewall
    ... file and printer sharing is available for network login from any network (I ... Internet Connection Sharing of the PC has to be disabled." ... Serious Security Issue in Windows XP SP2's Firewall ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Still cant connect to RWW or OWA remotely
    ... No, I don't have a 3rd party firewall, and it's a pretty plain vanilla WinXP ... Connected to the network like the other workstations, ... I could go to any workstation and connect to them just fine. ... match the broadband connection, the two NIC firewall, the remote ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Big hole??
    ... > firewall then even they can't get in, ... > supposedly safe SP2 for Windows XP invites any Internet ... > Connection Sharing of the PC has to be disabled. ... > in fact is a common configuration and not a rare sight. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)