Norton vs ZAP

From: My Account (any1_at_anywhere.plc)
Date: 01/19/04

Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2004 22:13:35 -0000

I'm in the process of my annual update of firewall & related security stuff
(versions, exe's etc).

Just come across a point that seems to put NIS ahead of ZAP.. in NIS
you can configure a generic filter for sites like adult-humor, sex-nudity
etc

Can you do this in ZAP ?

Any replies gratefully devoured :)

Andy.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Unable to terminate Network Connections
    ... > on other hard drives, ... > NIS without letting the hacker/cracker in! ... machine which cost as much as you have paid for ZAP or NIS and use either ... ZAP or NIS behind the router to supplement the router. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Is Zone Alarm Pro Worth it?
    ... > I'm thinking of buying ZA Pro to use with Win 98SE. ... Recent PC Magazine put NIS and ZAP almost at same exact ranking, ... ZAP is a good firewall, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Norton vs ZAP
    ... > Just come across a point that seems to put NIS ahead of ZAP.. ... Hi Andy, I would think that any firewall "worth its salt" can be ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Zone Alarm Pro problem
    ... The pc runs NIS. ... When someone port sniffs his firewall, the ports that get routed to ... So this may not have helped at all, any other ideas from ZAP experts? ... The only way to get ZAP to work properly again is to reboot my ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Norton vs ZAP
    ... > Just come across a point that seems to put NIS ahead of ZAP.. ... you could go online to the zone alarm pro website and look at the ... While a firewall *can* filter websites, etc, I'd think that's more the job ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)