D-Link DI-604 WAN light constantly blinks

From: Andrew Rossmann (andysnewsreply_at_no_junk.comcast.net)
Date: 12/29/03

Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2003 10:03:28 -0600

  I recently bought a D-Link DI-604 to use with my cable modem (3Com
Tailfin.) Everything works fine, speeds and pings are completely normal
and essentially identical to what I had before getting the router.

  The only odd thing is that the WAN light on the router blinks constantly
once the modem is connected. The modem's own activity light is acting
normal and only blinks with normal traffic. The same for the port 1 light
where the computer is connected.

  The useless manual doesn't mention this. I don't know if it's normal or
not.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross

Relevant Pages

  • Re: future of high-speed cable modems?
    ... Midnight Java Junkie wrote: ... > I am multi-posting this in the hopes that I dont piss too many people off. ... > My cable modem here at home is good for something like 1.5mb per second and, ... I have not measured up speeds but its pretty good whatever it is (its ...
    (sci.optics)
  • Re: DSL vs. cable throughout the country
    ... advantage cable modem has is greater POTENTIAL download speed. ... you only achieve those higher speeds at low traffic times, ... DSL, it's usually in your local ILEC Central Office. ...
    (misc.consumers)
  • Re: How fast are you?
    ... ADSL Broadband connections (512 kbps - with about 50 KB/ Second Download ... for that sort of thing the faster Speeds do help. ... There are other differences with a Cable Modem Internet ... when the actual *Internet* Connection has failed & they were ...
    (uk.people.silversurfers)
  • Re: Ahhhh... feel the speeeeeeed
    ... >> right around the time Hurricane Katrina hit, I was starting to get pretty ... My speeds were going down and down and down to the ... and sold me another cable modem for 50 bucks. ... >> There's nothing much like downloading an episode of Bleach at 376KBps ...
    (rec.arts.anime.misc)
  • future of high-speed cable modems?
    ... I am multi-posting this in the hopes that I dont piss too many people off. ... My cable modem here at home is good for something like 1.5mb per second and, ... I have not measured up speeds but its pretty good whatever it is (its ... pure fibre runs right to people's homes. ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.academic)