Port number query - help needed

From: Neil Hindry (neilhindry_at__nospamthankyou_ntlworld.com)
Date: 12/27/03

Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 14:26:17 -0000

I have a desktop PC running Win ME and Kerio personal firewall 2.1.5 I have
setup all the rules I need and they all seem to be doing their job. As I
knew
they were working I saved the rules to disk and then imported them onto my
laptop PC. My laptop PC runs Win XP Pro.
Now when I try to send e-mail from Outlook Express it needs Port 1027 adding
to the list of ports. I use Outlook Express on my desktop and it didn't need
this port. The only difference is the firewall used. On desktop I use AVG
and Norton on laptop.

Why would this port be needed on my laptop but not on my desktop? Could it
be to do with Norton Anti-Virus

Could I have a virus, worm or Trojan or is this normal?

I hope someone can help and I appreciate any help given.

Thanks!!

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Wireless Printer Stops Working for one PC. Others OK
    ... If SNMP is enabled on the port, the printer status should be Offline when it ... new IP address so the laptop port will fail while the desktop will call into ... Printer: Brother HL-2070N series ... Printer Properties windows are different on the two PCs. ...
  • Re: Remote works at one local...not the other
    ... its best to use a static IP address if you use port forwarding. ... Can you connect to the laptop using RDP from another PC on the same LAN? ... address in the SMC Router range, ...
  • Re: New Router and Sharing files
    ... I need to share the main computer's folders with the wirless laptop. ... The wireless laptop connects to the internet through the netwok,but can no longer see or connect to the main computer on the workgroup. ... Linskys insists there is nothing wrong with the network, ... You haven't provided much information to go on, but I suspect that the problemhave to do with the configuration of your firewalls and/or the printer port setup. ...
  • RE: Port scan and scvhost overload
    ... The worrying thing is not just that the firewall picked up on the port ... My friends Vista operated laptop is receiving attempted entries to ports ... beginning are on your own network. ... The siblings all use the same wireless network (Wi-Fi processes found in ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Serial -> Parallel connection?
    ... You can't do much with the serial port on the laptop, apart from connecting an external dialup modem. ... I have an HP Laserjet 4100N connected to the parallel port of a desktop running Windows 98SE as a local printer and use this one to print from the other computers in the network. ...
    (comp.periphs.printers)