Logs to show Ping strength???

From: PCFirewire (pcfirewire_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 12/20/03

Date: 20 Dec 2003 07:05:47 -0800

I believe I have been harassed online. In trying to detect who is
causing me to be knocked offline I use zone alarm 4 logs with
VisualZone Utility and MyNetWatcher client. I also had a tech check
to see if my computer is secure. All ports are closed up tight and I
am running stealth. I report the logs when necessary, However, I
can't catch the culpret who is sending me ping packets with enough
strength to give me a blue screen, freeze all processes and causing me
to need to reboot. The logs show someone was at my ports, but not
which IP sent a strong enough ping or probe to cause the freeze-up.

Is there a way to tell in the zone alarm logs or a utility or other
log will tell me which ping was strong enough to make it necessary for
me to reboot?

In case anyone wants to try the Utilities I am using here are the
links

http://www.zonelabs.com
http://www.visualizesoftware.com/
http://www.mynetwatchman.com/

FW

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Logs to show Ping strength???
    ... I report the logs when necessary, However, I ... >strength to give me a blue screen, freeze all processes and causing me ... >which IP sent a strong enough ping or probe to cause the freeze-up. ... >Is there a way to tell in the zone alarm logs or a utility or other ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • RE: Virus is getting domain account listing
    ... I'm also not sure what is causing the lock outs. ... restricted connections to the server based on subnet. ... - I do have plenty of logs showing what computers are doing this. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Sudden shutdown
    ... Same type failure also does not display any useful BSOD ... failure long ago that would eventually start causing shutdowns today. ... around' long ago while also stored in the system logs. ... Dust causing a crash in a one year old computer in a 70 degree room ...
  • Re: Logs to show Ping strength???
    ... I report the logs when necessary, However, I ... > strength to give me a blue screen, freeze all processes and causing me ... > Is there a way to tell in the zone alarm logs or a utility or other ... The link explains how to Protect against the DOS Attack. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Each message may contain up to two parts: the original message and the decrypt
    ... To disable both Transparent Remix and RePGP, causing the message to be ... Message archiving saves or logs a copy of each queued message to a ...
    (sci.crypt)