Cisco PIX or GN-1000

From: zeni (hp_at_columbusdirect.com)
Date: 12/15/03

Date: 15 Dec 2003 04:32:27 -0800

Hi

I currently have a GB-1000 from GTA as my firewall, due to increasing
support costs etc I am looking to change from GB-1000 and get a Cisco
PIX 501 instead. Are these better?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Cisco PIX or GN-1000
    ... > I currently have a GB-1000 from GTA as my firewall, ... > support costs etc I am looking to change from GB-1000 and get a Cisco ... I can't speak for the GB-1000, but I recently got my hands on a PIX 501. ... Haven't tried setting up IPSec yet, but I know Cisco ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Cisco 2811 vs. ASA 55xx
    ... Cisco ASA units are the replacements/upgrades for the PIX. ... "Is the lack of flexibility of the ASA justified by the higher performance? ... I'm not real sure what you're trying to do security-wise with a Cisco router that a Cisco firewall appliance cannot do. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: Firewall Hardware and a bit of a Rant
    ... I need advice on which hardware firewall to purchase for a client with 20 users. ... I'm fairly new to SBS and have installed 3 servers. ... Watchguard seem to think they are Cisco and don't have to provide support to smaller IT guys because they are so powerful etc.. ... If my client didn't need web filtering, I'd bang a PIX in and use the Cisco VPN Client for remote access with local database XAuth to provide double authentication. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • RE: Network IDS
    ... I'd say running the same OS for your firewall as your desktop machines ... Subject: Network IDS ... I'm using cisco products: Cisco Secure PIX firewall and Cisco Secure ... > Currently I have been looking at the Symantec Gateway Device. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: ISA and Separating Networks
    ... > You need the switch to connect all the "outsides" together to the inside ... > of the cisco router. ... > firewall and SBS) will be using a private IP range, ...
    (microsoft.public.backoffice.smallbiz2000)