Re: modes of ADSL router

From: Thomas Hertel (Thomas.Hertel_at_gmx.net)
Date: 12/12/03

Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:03:35 +0100

B.T. schrieb:

>Hi everybody.
>
>Two cases:
>
>a) In home: One computer and an ADSL router. In this case your router is
>configured so that the public ip address is on the computer.

You can (and should) configure it with the public IP on the router ans
a private IP on the PC anyway. This way the router will be able to
block incoming traffic that you do not want.

Regards
Thomas

--
If it´s good, they´ll stop making it.
Mailadresse für Non-Spam: _Meine_Initialen_bei_arcendo_Punkt_com

Relevant Pages

  • Re: PPP and ip-up
    ... den 17.11.2004 schrieb S J um 23:28: ... So the host is the router itself or a machine behind the router? ... legal statement: http://www.uni-x.org/legal.html Fedora GNU/Linux Core 2 on Athlon kernel 2.6.8-1.521smp ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: problem with IOS
    ... WZ schrieb: ... I have problem with my 2620, I upgraded an IOS version to 12.4.3 and from ... this point my router on every start decompressing the image. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Re: what distro for my router?
    ... I've already tried with suse 7.3 which is obviously a ... > bit long to load, but it still works like a charm with the 2.4.20 ... If it is really only a router, ...
    (comp.os.linux.setup)
  • Re: what distro for my router?
    ... I've already tried with suse 7.3 which is obviously a ... > bit long to load, but it still works like a charm with the 2.4.20 ... If it is really only a router, ...
    (comp.os.linux)
  • ADSL routers/modems and public IP addresses
    ... the ADSL router should connect to my ISP but my public static IP ... Eth0 (NIC connected to ADSL router) on Linux server has static public ... The protocol is now PPPOA. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)