Re: modes of ADSL router

From: Giel (NeverSP_at_Mthe.net)
Date: 12/12/03

Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:28:38 +0100

"B.T." <mgen72@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
news:hdhCb.1868454$uj6.4516625@telenews.teleline.es...
> Hi everybody.
>
> Two cases:
>
> a) In home: One computer and an ADSL router. In this case your router is
> configured so that the public ip address is on the computer.

This is called bridging, you yust use the modem in the router.

> b) In an office: Several computers plugged in a switch, and one router.
Here
> the public ip address is on the router.

now you're routing

> My questions are these:
>
> 1. How do you say the mode of the router for the case a)?
> 2. And for the case b)?

bridge (-ing) / route (-ing)

> I just need the names of both modes because I'm from Spain and our name
> hasn't translation into English. And I need the English names in order to
> look for information on the Internet and guides.
>
> Thank you

NP
THINK positive STAY negative!
Try my ADBlocker at http://nina.xs4all.nl/pac/
Try my Portscan at http://nina.xs4all.nl/scan (under constr.)

  • Re: Misconceptions
    ... I am fluent in english so I can misunderstand some ... >>> router is the way to go, can someone recommend a good, cheap one. ... >>> I don't see any part of this post stating a router IS a firewall, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Linksys router changed language??? How to fix?
    ... they called me to say their Internet had gone down. ... When I asked them to go into the router at http://192.168.1.1, ... I was in there and it was in English as it always had been. ... router language is set according to where it is sold, ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • problem with VPN and NAT.
    ... Hi everybody, My name is Roman from Argentinean, firtly excuse my ... I have router Cisco 871. ... let work in the VPN, and they return to work when I eliminate the ... Again excuse my English. ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • RH9 and DSL
    ... First of all, excuse my english, i'm french. ... Mandrake 9.2 and install RH9. ...
    (linux.redhat)
  • Re: RH9 and DSL
    ... > First of all, excuse my english, i'm french. ... > router)? ...
    (linux.redhat)