Linksys RV082 - DON'T buy one...yet

From: David (zc2468_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 12/05/03

Date: 5 Dec 2003 14:13:39 -0800

I am getting ready to package up and send back my SECOND RV082 VPN
router/firewall purchased from Amazon. I was really looking forward
to getting this piece of hardware installed, as it offers a great
feature set at a great price.

The main reason I bought was the price and the fact that this firewall
unit can handle 1 to 1 NAT. Unfortunately after spending time
configuring it, when I went to my data center to install it didn't
work exactly right. When trying to perform some last minute tweaks,
the unit basically crashed. This was the second time this happened,
and both times Linksys technical support said that it's a hardware
failure, there's nothing we can do for you and you must send the unit
back.

Well, 2 times in a row is enough for me. I'm going to go with a
Sonicwall I think. I think that the problem is this device is just
too new and I've become a beta tester! They don't even have any
firmware available for download, it's only the version that came
preinstalled (version ONE!!!)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: What, no Laurel and Hardy?
    ... been given a revamp and reissue on DVD. ... launched in a shiny new package and it's not on the telly the price is ... from Amazon UK that not only includes a new digital ...
    (uk.media.tv.misc)
  • Re: D200 discontinued at Costco...hmmm..
    ... Is this price for the body or with a lens. ... The item is listed on but not stocked by or shipped from Amazon otherwise ... link reveals that price from only one of 3 sources that list it as new but ... "That package is on backorder but we can offer you in this comparable (in ...
    (alt.photography)
  • Re: D200 discontinued at Costco...hmmm..
    ... Or maybe the D200 was at the wrong price point for Costco. ... The item is listed on but not stocked by or shipped from Amazon otherwise I'd jump on it before they corrected the error!! ... Following the availability link reveals that price from only one of 3 sources that list it as new but that one instruct you to call them before ordering. ... The result of that call would likely be to find out the deal is good to be true.I can hear it now, "That package is on backorder but we can offer you in this comparable package. ...
    (alt.photography)
  • BT Price changes/cuts announced today
    ... Millions Benefit as BT Cuts Call Package Prices Again ... well as to new customers. ... price controls last summer. ... BT is also changing the way it charges for fixed to mobile calls and calls ...
    (uk.telecom)
  • Re: Palins Book Being Sold "AT BELOW COST" Prices
    ... and Newsmax has used the book as a loss leader ... to promote its magazine, ... Amazon, Walmart.com, Target.com in price war over book ... Walmart.com dropped price from list price of $28.99 to $10, ...
    (rec.sport.golf)