Re: stats needed - % bandwith utilization by port. FW-1 4.1 w/cisco

From: Dave Thornburgh (dave-thorn_at_nodash.verizon.net.invalid)
Date: 12/03/03

    Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 04:43:01 GMT

    "NeoSadist" <neosad1st@charter.net> wrote in message
    news:vsqk9pgog00qd4@corp.supernews.com...
    > 1 wrote:
    >

    > > X% total bandwith used for the T-1 on a specific day was incoming
    traffic
    > > on port 25 to IP
    > > x.x.x.x
    >
    > This is ftp, and why do your users require it? They could probably do
    > without ftp unless they can prove otherwise.

    > > X number bps for the week was outgoing traffic on port 21 to all IP
    > > addresses total
    >
    > You should be very careful of port 21 traffic. First off, all internal
    IP's
    > should send that traffic to your email server (whether you run your own or
    > allow the use of pop email accounts). I'd limit it to the known
    > IP's/addresses of the smtp and pop email accounts.

    Neo! More Coffee, STAT!

    • Re: issue with ftp::Quote STATUS .
      ... I am trying to use the ftp:Quote option to send native FTP commands to ... Works from the ftp command line on tyhe same machines. ... you the actual protocol interactions as the ftp client is interpreting ... There is an FTP 'STAT' command, but I don't know if it does what ...
      (comp.lang.tcl)
    • Re: issue with ftp::Quote STATUS .
      ... I am trying to use the ftp:Quote option to send native FTP commands to ... an FTP server but it returns "command not understood". ... Works from the ftp command line on tyhe same machines. ... 500 'STAT' not understood ...
      (comp.lang.tcl)
    • Re: Tom Dwan
      ... prop bet where Atonius only has to finish ahead to win an overlay. ... They've (FTP) set up a challenge stat page and dedicated tables to the ...
      (rec.gambling.poker)