Is WatchGuard Firebox III stable?

From: Mike (mike_aig_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 12/03/03

Date: 2 Dec 2003 18:58:49 -0800

Hi,

Currently we use WatchGuard Firebox II to protect our company's small
network.
Since WatchGuard is not going to support this firewall model anymore,
we are thinking of upgrading it to Firebox III (Firebox 700).
Is the Firebox III more stable than Firebox II? Is there any
significant
performance and feature improvement over the previous model?
I asked this question because my old Firebox II often locks up and
must be cold-rebooted once every two months.

Thanks in advance!
-Mike

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Watchguard Firebox 2
    ... Windows 2003 Server ... Trusted Interface: 10.10.10.250 ... are able to receive pptp traffic but when using the Watchguard Firebox ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Is WatchGuard Firebox III stable?
    ... Our firebox II did the same thing. ... One of the guys in "tech" support ... >Currently we use WatchGuard Firebox II to protect our company's small ... >Since WatchGuard is not going to support this firewall model anymore, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Is WatchGuard Firebox III stable?
    ... > Currently we use WatchGuard Firebox II to protect our company's small ... > Is the Firebox III more stable than Firebox II? ... I've been installing the FB-III for almost two years now and have yet to ... rule sets, reflashing the FULL SET, not just the quick update, the full ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: No response after SMTP Data Command (Watchguard)
    ... I wanted to share the solution I used through the Watchguard Firebox. ... Anyway, in the Policy Manager, choose the SMTP proxy and chose "Disable" on ... >> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: Firebox II Lockup
    ... Mike Norton wrote: ... > We have been experiencing some problems with our Watchguard Firebox ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)