Re: Secure Access to a test environment

From: JJ \(UK\) (yeah.right_at_i.dont.think.so.com)
Date: 12/02/03

    Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 09:32:41 -0000

    "Leythos" <void@nowhere.com> wrote in message
    news:MPG.1a359e6eb1a37831989ead@news-server.columbus.rr.com...
    > Why not setup the testing lab on a router with NAT and connect it to a
    > public IP

    Because that would involve cost and in the current economic climate that's
    just NOT going to happen!

    > - then pass the PPTP port through the router and connect to
    > the NT4 PDC via PPTP/RAS.... You can then use VNC on all the lab systems
    > to see them from inside the company or anywhere else.
    >

    > --
    > --
    > spamfree999@rrohio.com
    > (Remove 999 to reply to me)

    • Re: Linux. Control over window and font colors and font sizes
      ... enough to grab a firewall right away? ... If you're doing that, the router has NAT, and translates LAN:port ... The first setup, to allow someone outside to reach your computer, ...
      (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
    • Re: Small network to Net setup suggestions.
      ... You will be better off spending the $50 for a simple NAT router. ... NAT is incorrectly setup in RRAS, or is not setup at all. ... I have a small critical network I have to get up on ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
    • Re: Windows 2000 wants to use Internet?
      ... Or setup the server as router with NAT. ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on http://www.ChicagoTech.net ... The Windows 2000 Server was configured at one time for NAT, ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)
    • Re: Two isolated networks on a router
      ... The problem with that is the wireless clients will be on "double NAT", ... points isolated by a capable wired router. ... Now if they wanted to get into fancier setup for inbound traffic then they'd ... switch ports on a single router and isolate traffic that way. ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)