Re: firewall appliance and software/hardware combination

From: aldo (aldo_at_aldo.net)
Date: 10/27/03

Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 01:41:03 +1100

WatchGuard Firebox, alright, I am going to find this.

For VPN, i think i will put this to next shedule.

Thank you!!!

> If you've got 50 hosts behind the network, then I would suggest that you
> install a hardware based firewall device.
>
> While a router would work, it won't protect the network from the users.
> If you get something like a WatchGuard Firebox 700 or 1000 you can
> protect them from email virus's, bad web sites, and even do content
> filtering.
>
> On top of that, you can setup remote VPN connections to the firewall and
> allow workers to access the network in a secure manner from remote
> locations.
>

> --
> --
> spamfree999@rrohio.com
> (Remove 999 to reply to me)

Relevant Pages

  • RE: Security and VPN
    ... Subject: Security and VPN ... network, wheat are we really looking at. ... about their home computer that can be effected. ... just to protect the company network? ...
    (Pen-Test)
  • VPNs - Firewalls and Security
    ... I have a network that is protected by a Cisco PIX 515 = ... We have it configured to protect our internal network along = ... he most assuridly would have made a VPN ... = redesign my network to either firewall the VPN connections or at a = ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: Basic VPN question
    ... You bring up an interesting issue about home users using VPN and security ... which is a security measure that can be used. ... I have read that hackers routinely ride in and hack the corporate network on ... 'pass trough logic' to protect my end of it. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Settle VPN Security Bet
    ... :I VPN from home using a cable modem and Entrust VPN. ... :protect both my PC as well as my employer's network. ... and the firewall software on my PC only serves to protect my ...
    (comp.security.misc)