Re: running an application across VPN

From: Wolfgang Kueter (wolfgang_at_shconnect.de)
Date: 10/26/03

Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:44:14 +0100

RHS wrote:

> Thanks Duane, Hugo,and Wolfgang for your replies. If this were a performance
> question, then I would have to agree with Wolfgang.

I just refered to Hugo's posting regarding perfomance.

> This is more of an "access" question. I will try it without an LMHosts file
> first to see if the remote clients can access the database server once
> they're connected to the VPN.

You might try. You either need some sort of name resolution via an
internal DNS Server, that provides these information, (IMHO the best way
to do it), the local hosts file or you have to use the IP of the server
when creating the ODBC entry on the clients. But this is really simply a
name resolving problem.

Wolfgang

Relevant Pages

  • Re: running an application across VPN
    ... Thanks Duane, Hugo,and Wolfgang for your replies. ... first to see if the remote clients can access the database server once ... > accessing a server on our LAN via the Sonicwall VPN client software. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: running an application across VPN
    ... Thanks Wolfgang, I think you're on to something with using the IP in the ... the IP of the DB server in the client's ODBC configuration, you're right, I ... >> first to see if the remote clients can access the database server once ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Server funktioniert wieder !!!
    ... Guten Morgen Wolfgang, ... Thema für sich... ... Praktisch jeder aktuelle Server hat heutzutage IPMI-Technologie auf'm ... Das kann man schlecht per Literatur über Nacht erzwingen. ...
    (microsoft.public.de.german.windows.terminaldienste)
  • Re: Site Question
    ... >> the same site as the client? ... >>> ensure that you can contact the server that authenticated you. ... >>> regards and thanks ...
  • Re: questionable access to my computer - please help
    ... let me respond to the now sleeping Wolfgang: ... Thanks for your response. ... the issue is that PacBell's POP server is overloaded. ... at the prompt type: telnet 110 ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)