Re: running an application across VPN

From: Wolfgang Kueter (wolfgang_at_shconnect.de)
Date: 10/26/03

Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 22:44:14 +0100

RHS wrote:

> Thanks Duane, Hugo,and Wolfgang for your replies. If this were a performance
> question, then I would have to agree with Wolfgang.

I just refered to Hugo's posting regarding perfomance.

> This is more of an "access" question. I will try it without an LMHosts file
> first to see if the remote clients can access the database server once
> they're connected to the VPN.

You might try. You either need some sort of name resolution via an
internal DNS Server, that provides these information, (IMHO the best way
to do it), the local hosts file or you have to use the IP of the server
when creating the ODBC entry on the clients. But this is really simply a
name resolving problem.

Wolfgang