Re: Zonealarrm mysterious new network

From: Ross McKay (rosko_at_zeta.NOT.THIS.BIT.org.au)
Date: 10/26/03

Date: Sun, 26 Oct 2003 01:42:08 GMT

On Sat, 25 Oct 2003 04:27:10 +0100, "Nigel Andrews"
<nigel.d.andrews@ntlworld.com> wrote:

>However ZoneAlarm never asked me about adding the 'network' when I installed
>the cam!

Check your firewall settings in ZA. I have mine set to "Ask which Zone
to place new networks upon detection". In your case, you should either
pick that one, or "Exclude networks from Trusted Zone upon detection".

cheers,
Ross.

--
Ross McKay, WebAware Pty Ltd
"Words can only hurt if you try to read them. Don't play their game" - Zoolander

Relevant Pages

  • Re: NetFlow for IDS
    ... their network-wide statistical anomaly detection ... intended for use on ISP networks and the DMZs/PoPs of enterprises ... Arbor tools are mainly used by a network operational security ... it with the Guard. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: Small Office Firewall Options
    ... I'm hoping to get some advice on which firewall would be best for me. ... full access to trusted zone ... guest wireless zone, with limited access to trusted zone and the ... need separate physical networks for them. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Mainframe in the DMZ -- organization of operations
    ... Networks" that made the rounds sometime before Y2k. ... intERnet" while the Trusted zone was where your pristine data resides ... The DMZ is where you place your proxy web servers, ... For IBM-MAIN subscribe / signoff / archive access instructions, ...
    (bit.listserv.ibm-main)
  • Re: Setup a new 2003 DNS in a mixed mode of 2000 and NT4
    ... We've looked at the firewall settings to make sure all ... You cannot create a trust because of a technical issue, ... Do you have valid NetBIOS name resolution for the domain controllers, ... NetBIOS ports allowed between the networks through the firewalls? ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)
  • Re: Zone Alarm & DSL
    ... IP address and default gateway numbers found when running ipconfig and ... add them to the trusted zone in ZA? ... ZA usually detects networks and asks if you would like to add it to the ... In program control>programs make sure your mail program has permission ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)