Re: Anti-virus Software

From: sponge (yosponge_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 10/22/03

Date: 21 Oct 2003 17:19:29 -0700

"Paladin" <sirgruffil@NOSPAM.yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:<1066751733.49473.0@damia.uk.clara.net>...
> I know it's an old chestnut, but what are people's thoughts on the best
> anti-virus solution? I've tried Norton and McAfee, but don't like the way
> they try to take over your whole machine. Is AVG (Grisoft) any good?

McAfee's is very good. Kaspersky's is probably the best or darned
close. There is also a German one whose name escapes me but is
supposedly excellent, though that's probably not much help to you.

Sponge
Sponge's Secure Solutions
www.geocities.com/yosponge
My new email: yosponge2 et yahoo dot com

Relevant Pages

  • Anti-virus Software
    ... I know it's an old chestnut, but what are people's thoughts on the best ... I've tried Norton and McAfee, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: MyDoom Infected EDB.LOG
    ... thing to do is going into Norton and exclude all of the Exchange Server ... Exchange Aware Anti-Virus solution. ... make sure that a repair is the only way to fix this. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Panda Titanium or Kapersky for Anti Virus
    ... decided on a new Anti-Virus solution. ... I had been using Norton. ... Mozilla Thunderbird for email. ... when sending or receiving email like Norton? ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Panda Titanium or Kapersky for Anti Virus
    ... > decided on a new Anti-Virus solution. ... I had been using Norton. ... > the trial version of Panda Titanium 2004 and it seems pretty good. ... > Mozilla Thunderbird for email. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Anti-virus Software