Re: firewall problems

From: Duane Arnold (notme_at_notme.com)
Date: 10/19/03

Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 11:32:28 GMT

"Tom News" <tom.carter1989@ntlworld.com> wrote in
news:Soukb.9663$pz5.5902264@newsfep2-win.server.ntli.net:

> hi
> i have a home network the host computer (ICS i think) has norton
> firewall on it, how do bypass it to get into my computer as when it is
> on i cannot get through
>
> Tom C

First of all, one shouldn't be using the vulnerable MS O/S of any flavor
on a machine as the gateway device to the Internet on a network. The MS
O/S is too vulnerable too attack.

NAT routers are very cheap now of days, and one should get behind the
protection of a router and use the router as the gateway device for the
LAN and WAN.

With the router being used for LAN connections, one could leave Norton in
its default state on a machine behind the router, which should make
communications easy for machines on the LAN side of the router.

Duane :)