can I shut the Pix 535 fans off?

From: Mike (mike_at_pcd.org)
Date: 10/17/03

    Date: Thu, 16 Oct 2003 18:13:30 -0400

    I purchased a pix 535 for home use, in a home use environment can I disable
    the fans and swap out the heatsink inside with a better one?

    • Re: can I shut the Pix 535 fans off?
      ... >the fans and swap out the heatsink inside with a better one? ... ~ ghostmagic ~ I see stupid people... ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: Thats so hot its not cool
      ... The heatsink on the CPU may not be properly attached with a ... what ever compound is on the CPU and heatsink, clean the ... You makes sure all fans are clean and working. ... can use to see the pattern of air flow. ...
      (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
    • Re: Nvidia 570 chipset temperature too high?
      ... Heatsink and out the back over the IO shield....this keeps things a lot ... As for your MSI board ..there are now fans that can be attached to the ... The Abit boards chipset temperature reaches between 55 and 60 centigrade ...
      (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
    • Re: Results of the memswap() smackdown from the thread "Sorting" assignment
      ... Malcolm's and the basic byte swap look ... redefinability of memcpy but it works well in my environment. ... memcpy is, in terms of C's abstract machine, the fastest way to move ...
      (comp.programming)
    • Re: sound and video problems on new system (yet another factor)
      ... in addition to adding two more case fans and a beefier CPU ... I bought an Arctic Cooling VGA Silencer AVC-1000. ... > stock ATI heatsink on the 9800 Pro is laughable compared to the Arctive ... Since the new MB was SATA capable I asked about SATA drives and ...
      (comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action)