Re: Checkpoint experiences

From: john dobbs (jdobbs2001_at_yahoo.com)
Date: 10/09/03

Date: 9 Oct 2003 12:56:07 -0700

"Beoweolf" <Beoweolf-spam@pacbell.net> wrote in message news:<Wrehb.10725$eH6.865@newssvr27.news.prodigy.com>...
> I agree. Once installed, properly configured and maintained...it is probably
> "the" premier commercially firewall/VPN product solutions available. It can
> be configured to allow or block most anything traversing any network,
> internal or internet. The price you pay is a very steep learning curve, not
> to mention the tariff to acquire the product in the first place.
>
> Due to its flexibility, it can easily be misconfigured. The full install
> product is not a product I would recommend for a first time security
> analyst. It does have an extensive "ala carte",cafeteria style licensing
> plan. The annual cost can increase exponentially when you add in support
> contracts, product fees and occasional Contractor security evaluations.

How is it better VS PIX,NETSCREEN etc..

Any firewall thats configured properly will prevent traffic going in.
what is so special about checkpoint that PIX,NETSCREEN,etcc cannot do?
FW-1 just sounds like another stateful firewall with application
fixups. (ie h.323 etc.. support)

provide some details regarding what makes checkpoint FW. I am open to
any technology but I need to see some supporting evidence making FW-1
the best firewall in the market.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: How can I kill IE?!?!?!!?
    ... > popups. ... including its firewall. ... What to Know Before You Download and Install Windows XP Service Pack 2 ... Empty your Internet Explorer Temporary Internet Files and make sure the ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Computer crashed during install... Windows Explorer now crashe
    ... NP, Brian. ... Which firewall is being used ... ... I know you don't want to wait to use the system any longer than you have to BUT, Microsoft will provide * no-charge support * to assist you with this Security update compatibility issue: ... the install process. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: what configuration can block most of the attacks form hacker and trojan?
    ... > using cable modem with built in firewall. ... > I have also installed norton antivirus and zone alarm for security. ... (Scan for updates, Review and Install) ... Empty your Temporary Internet Files and shrink the size it stores to about ...
  • Re: OTish, for those thrifty types who like xp.
    ... Windows 2000 build on all my PCs for everything except testing my ... for which I needed newer browsers that won't install on W2k. ... the firewall, but I haven't been able to update either used on the W2k ... Get your XP fully updated before support ...
    (uk.tech.digital-tv)
  • Re: Firewall and IP forwarding
    ... But how then I suppose to test connectivity through future FireWall computer ... before I install NAT comming with this FireWall? ... > You cannot route private addresses through the Internet. ... >> interface of FW machine to test the connection from inner LAN to the ...