Re: checkpoint confusion help.

From: sven (sven_at_XXXg-netXXX.be)
Date: 10/09/03

Date: Thu, 09 Oct 2003 06:03:27 GMT

"Goorf" <goorf@aol.com>
> all I want is a box that will plug in to the
> network and provide firewalling and application level protection.
If you want it to be that simple, go with some other vendor like WatchGuard,
Netscreen, Sonicwall, whatever. Check Point is never easy, and it starts
with their licensing and ends with relicensing...
-sven

Relevant Pages

  • Re: checkpoint confusion help.
    ... >> all I want is a box that will plug in to the ... >> network and provide firewalling and application level protection. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Incident Response Script
    ... All you need is to pull the network plug. ... Pull the power plug later. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Using any network interface whatsoever
    ... the back of the system I plug the cable into. ... a cable in to plug it into that interface. ... device = '82547EI Gigabit Ethernet Controller' ... All network devices also get a name of the form net0, net1, ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • Re: adding Ethernet
    ... >>What sort of security does that Xport implement? ... >>Ethernet might be great in an isolated lab environment, but even there, ... >>plug just one trojaned Windows system into the same LAN and watch some ... > have not allowed him to plug it into the network! ...
    (sci.electronics.design)
  • Re: Brother MFC-4600 and network
    ... If the printer is on the network and shared with correct permissions, ... > parallel cable) and let the Plug and Play take over. ... > Printer back into the Print Server, installed the port, ... > then somehow was able to keep the existing driver. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)