checkpoint confusion help.

From: Goorf (goorf_at_aol.com)
Date: 10/09/03

Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 23:24:38 -0400

how do you buy a checkpoint firewall with the application protection? when I
go to a reseller site it looks like a 4 page restaurant menu where
everything is ala-carte and all I want is a box that will plug in to the
network and provide firewalling and application level protection.

with the cisco pix its pretty easy all I had to do is choose one of 5 models
and UR or R (failover vs non etc) wait for delivery open box, plugin and
setup.

but this checkpoint stuff looks like a maze of confusion do I have to pay to
get something like PDM 3.0? can I just order a hardware unit, plug into
power, plug ethernet and https://xxx to the checkpoint and manage? and how
does licensing work do I have to renew every year or get disconnected from
the internet if I run late? or is it pay once and its your box (ala pix)??

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Accessing Secured Wireless Connections
    ... cup of coffee, ... Obviously, no protection is consider negligence, ... extras for the few that are willing and able to pay. ... world are the one's that don't understand how capitalism works. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Windows Spam and Firewalls
    ... > shelf with at least some form of default protection. ... You get what you pay for. ... then you must accept the risk of the way you choose to use it. ... > that microsoft would/should not by default allow other ...
  • Re: OT: Negative $4,019,The Obama years have been brutal on middle-class
    ... having directly to do with the only legitimate task of government, ... the protection of individual rights to ... US pay for medical care? ...
    (talk.origins)