Re: Trackers Second Review Response

From: Frank Slootweg (this_at_ddress.is.invalid)
Date: 10/02/03

Date: 02 Oct 2003 14:03:13 GMT

Mimic <null@void.net> wrote:
> "W. Blevins" <wblevins@NOMORESWENmchsi.com> wrote in message
>> On Thu, 2 Oct 2003 01:27:41 +0100, "Mimic" <null@void.net> wrote:
>>
>> >Tracker, consider me a newbie, a new computer user, how does cable and
> dsl
>> >work if you dont have a phone line ?
>>

>> Only DSL requires a phone line.
>
> We generally dont do cable over here, but i thought the Cable line brought
> in the Phone and the TV and the Net, wouldnt you class that as internet over
> the phone line ?even if they are on different "channels"

  No, it's Internet over a cable TV line. Phones have nothing to do with
it. (There are cable setups which *also* carry phone signals, but that's
another story.)

  So I'm afraid you've given Tracker some *positive* feedback! :-)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: FreeBSD challenged by Internet
    ... Subject: FreeBSD challenged by Internet ... rated speed on DSL I don't think the DSL line is the limiting factor. ... Are you talking from world to you, or are you talking from ISP to you? ... taken care of somehow between some Verizon server and the firewall. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • S: DSL-SUPPORTER
    ... Call Center Agent Inbound Internet / DSL Technik - Hotline w/m (Call ... Per Telefon, per E-Mail, schriftliche Bewerbung ...
    (de.soc.arbeit)
  • Re: Finally! The cable monopoly might fall (OT for a couple of newsgroups)
    ... Just like the DSL, buy it from the pipeline provider ... People who want high speed Internet ... >don't know what speeds the faster DSL service tops out at - if it is ... >force phone companies to open their lines to competition. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)