Re: ZoneAlarm log shows probes *from* 127.0.0.1 ?

anonymous_at_remailer.hastio.org
Date: 10/01/03

Date: 1 Oct 2003 01:08:26 -0000

Are you using internet explorer? My suspension is that it's ie is doing that. There are two things you can do to fix it:

1. Go to http://mozilla.org and get download Mozilla which is 500% better than ie. It's totally open source and does not contain any of the security holes that piece of crap micro$oft calls a browser does. Plus, it tons of new features that make it reign over IE.

2. Get Kerio 2.1.5 firewall which is about 500% better than ZA. It too is free :)

Cheers!

In article <bld13t$ejs$1@sparta.btinternet.com>
Peter <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> My ZoneAlarm log is showing entries that have a Source address of
> 127.0.0.1 ! There are a number of ports being tried e.g. 1331, 1487,
> 1524, 1660, 1835, 1891, 1908, 1914 and 1991.
>
> This only happens when I am connected to the internet (I'm on a dialup BTW).
>
> Screen grab from ZoneAlarm here if anyone is interested (190Kb):
> http://www.btinternet.com/~peter.ryan/20030914/zonealarm.jpg
>
> (my machine is called "pbw2k")... its running Windows 2000.
>
> Should I worry about this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Peter.

The original sender is unknown. Any address shown in the From header
is unverified.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: RED X & Verizon
    ... tried the fix and still the same. ... The conventional wisdom regarding a reinstall of IE6 XP SP2 is to uninstall ... But running Internet Explorer Backup from ... shortest time possible- your security programs won't be running. ...
  • Re: Missing Complete Internet Options Column
    ... Internet Explorer Fix - General purpose fix for Internet Explorer ... I suggest you download a little program called Hijackthis. ... > I dutifully went to the Internet Options area to click under General Tab and> replace the page with my own when I noticed that I was missing the General> Tab itself. ...
  • Re: Missing Complete Internet Options Column
    ... Internet Explorer Fix - General purpose fix for Internet Explorer ... I suggest you download a little program called Hijackthis. ... > I dutifully went to the Internet Options area to click under General Tab and> replace the page with my own when I noticed that I was missing the General> Tab itself. ...
  • Re: Graphics Display
    ... Try the quick, easy fix first. ... 283807 - Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer ... Are you using a Firewall or "filtering software"? ... HOSTS file that contains entries that are blocking access to the desired ...
  • Re: E-mail problems
    ... There must be a switch to allow images to show. ... Try the quick, easy fix first. ... 283807 - Pictures Are Not Displayed on Web Sites in Internet Explorer ... HOSTS file that contains entries that are blocking access to the desired ...