Re: Sygate Personal Firewall Pro and use with RoadRunner?, Charlotte, NC, pcumming

From: The Other Guy (nospam_at_this.addy)
Date: 08/04/03

Date: Mon, 04 Aug 2003 03:50:38 GMT

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 06:00:25 GMT, Duane Arnold <notme@notme.com>
wrote:

>pcumming@yahoo.com (Peter Cumming) wrote in

snip>
>Kerio, Outpost, ZA, and Tiny are free FW's that should work well with
>Sygate.
<snip>
>HTH
>
>Duane :)

Having run various versions at different times, both alone and
together, I found Sygate did not operate well with the others
mentioned here. Let alone, when I tried to install one of them with
the other (can't recall which -- either Kerio/Tiny or Sygate), it
warned me that "another firewall has been detected and that it is not
wise to run two firewalls at that same time on the same machine"
(words to that effect).

--
./configure --prefix=~/zyterion
Not this guy or that guy, The Other Guy.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: a couple of questions from a newbie to this group
    ... Now I, too, am looking to replace Norton's firewall. ... Sygate has their freebie Personal Firewall ... I use freebie Sygate behind a Linksys router. ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • Re: Sygate Personal Firewall Pro and use with RoadRunner?, Charlotte, NC, pcumming
    ... I notice with Sygate if I go to Yahoo email with IE 5.5 ... being a newbie of sorts in this area-which firewall would ... you recommend for a standaline Win 2k PC? ... Let alone, when I tried to install one of them with ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: XP Less Secure than 98 for Sharing Files
    ... Ever tried chasing up settings ... > that and/or your firewall supports it) or running with no firewall. ... If you have TCP/IP loaded at all, regardless of NetBEUI, and have Internet ...
  • Re: Firewall Comparisons
    ... > I admit to a predjudice towards firmware-based firewalls, ... > underlying OS's of an OS-based firewall may or may not be properly hardened. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Re: some reality about iptables, please
    ... He also links it to adaptive firewall rules ... harsh critical review by security professionals, ... BTW, my previous post should have indicated PRE-up and POST-down clauses ...
    (Debian-User)