Re: Have I been hacked??

From: Jdo (damanSPAMCOP_at_neonlinux.com)
Date: 07/17/03

Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2003 13:24:26 -0500

It sounds like your isp switched ip ranges.....nothing to be concerned about
as long as you don't "trust" that network.

JD

"Don Andrews" <dandrew4@comcast.net> wrote in message
> Last night when I was on the internet I suddenly lost connection (not
> unusual). When I got my connection back up Zone Alarm notified me that it
> had detected a new IP Network (24.131.204.0/255.255.252.0) which I
couldn't
> delete. It says it's an
> "Active Network". Have I been hacked??????

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Forest Trust between Production & DMZ
    ... Network segregation was a good thing at times when Internet Protocol was new ... on the firewall became a real problem. ... > like say the banking industry, allowing a trust to "breach" ...
  • Re: pcAnywhere...Outbound Only.
    ... Working within reasonable limitations is always our challenge for security. ... I was taught practically that at least as far as the Internet connection ... trust your internal users and don't trust the outside world. ... > to connect to a host OUTSIDE of our network. ...
    (Security-Basics)
  • Network problems; Linksys router?
    ... since i got my new computer hooked up to my network (may be ... I went to my router, everything checked out, the lights that were always on ... I ended up pushing the reset button on ... again, it worked again, but after a little time, i lost connection again. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: The specified network name is no longer available
    ... > I have a wireless network and everything has worked fine until now. ... I thought I lost connection so I tried to connect ... > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Have I been hacked?
    ... That has happened to me a few times whereby the free ZA would say it ... has detected a "new" network... ... > Last night when I was on the internet I suddenly lost connection (not ...
    (alt.computer.security)