Re: Installing a firewall over another...

From: mhicaoidh (mhic_aoidh_at_hotNïXmailSPäM.com)
Date: 07/16/03

Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2003 14:34:57 GMT

Taking a moment's reflection, R Green -WoWsat.com mused:

| But, what I was thinking was to see if one will be used
| to monitor the other so that one knows if the other is trying to pull a
| fast one on us.. ie. one is indeed a "trojan"...???
|
| I've always have this uneasy feeling to trust such program such as ZA or
| Kerio that purports to "protect" you...

    If I had that much mistrust, frankly, I wouldn't use either ... of
course, I probably wouldn't use a computer either.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Turning a monitor into a mirror
    ... how can that layer eliminate the reflection and still be ... With the right selection of video monitor and CCD camera your friend could just mount a camera adjacent to the monitor. ... There is no way to simulate a specular surface on a commercial LCD or CRT monitor by signal manipulation. ...
    (sci.optics)
  • Re: Usefulness of "final"
    ... elsethread, but in the end, with Reflection and such, you really aren't ... Between cloning, deserializing, using Reflection to outright remove final ... Writing a super defensive class to protect against all that didn't seem ... Ich lese meine Emails nicht, replies to Email bleiben also leider ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: C# and const?
    ... Interfaces are there to encapsulate code, not protect it. ... Why protect yourself from stupid programmers? ... > private int param; ... Can I use attributes to stop reflection? ...
    (microsoft.public.dotnet.general)
  • Re: Monitoring Files
    ... Protect Your PC! ... "MSM" wrote: ... Besides using auditing (I am no good at reading the ... is there any programs out there that I can use to monitor and review ...
  • Re: Is ZAP Still The Way To Go For Win98 & XP Firewalls?
    ... Taking a moment's reflection, Susan mused: ... They will all protect your machine equally ... BlackIce offers IDS which scans incoming packets for malicious code ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)