Recommendations

From: Socratez (socratez_at_lycos.com)
Date: 06/21/03

Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2003 06:47:25 GMT

I am currently debating what type of firewall to use at my home. I want
first a NAT/Firewall as an internet gateway and that is my main concern. I
have an AMD K6-2 500MHz 192MB Ram (2MB for Video), 10MBps SCSI card, 2.1GB
drive, and 3 Intel pro 100 ehternet adapters. I have a cable internet link
which uses dhcp so i will need a dynamic client on the machine for external
SSH connectivity. I would like to do caching-nameserver with it as well
just to help performance a bit. I use linux (Install,Desktop/Workstation)
User) but I am not fimiliar with the firewalling or gateway setups. I have
never used BSD, and i have had some light Solaris experiance. I am
wondering is there anything that can be recommmended for my needs?!??!

--
Thanks A Million,
Socratez

Relevant Pages

  • recommendations for a firewall for use as an Internet Gateway
    ... Internet Gateway firewall? ... to 25 computers connected to each VLAN), ... Internet Gateway, complete with NAT functionality, stateful firewall ...
    (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
  • Best approach for a FreeBSD router / Internet gateway with backup link?
    ... I am using a FreeBSD box as my main internet gateway and firewall. ... Currently, if the DSL link goes down, I have no backup link to the Internet. ... So I was thinking about using a HSDPA modem as a backup internet link for my firewall / internet gateway. ...
    (comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc)
  • Re: [SLE] NAT (the solution)
    ... Subject: NAT ... functioning as an Internet Gateway for my LAN. ... I enabled IP Forwarding, checked the IP addresses and the Firewall ...
    (SuSE)
  • Network, firewall and XP
    ... I just discovered that I don't have the XP firewall ... When I go to Network Connections I ... only see Internet Gateway, Network Bridge, and Wizard. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware)
  • Re: Huge security hole in Kerio 2.1.5
    ... :> cable/dsl connection a user should use a firewall device such as a NAT ... A NAT router is, first and foremost, a NAT router. ... A NAT router is a NAT router but a NAT/firewall is a NAT/firewall ... How-to: Windows 2000 DNS: ...
    (microsoft.public.security)