Re: netscreen remote vpn login

From: tkras (tkrasnoff_at_criticalinfo.com)
Date: 06/16/03

    Date: 16 Jun 2003 08:23:54 -0700

    Yes the linksys is doing NAT. What should I do?
    Thanks again!

    Robert Mortimer <robm@bob.bofh.org> wrote in message news:<slrnbejbtp.ji6.robm@bob.bob.bofh.org>...
    > allegedly tkras wrote <fb988cd2.0306121154.5f9af05@posting.google.com> :
    > [snip]
    > > different locations, my home (cable modem) and office (T1). When I go
    > > to client's home network we both get the same issue. Can see the
    > > network but cannot open files or folders. He has a linksys at home
    > > and uses his network with ethernet or wireless. Both have the
    > > problem. This is a true vpn not microsoft's. Any help would be
    > > appreicated.
    >
    > Is his linksys router doing NAT?

    • Re: Router Lesson/Advice Needed
      ... The refinery we are trying to connect to uses this same range. ... When I try to pptp to their network, ... I have ordered a Linksys router ... have to do a Static NAT or a 1-to-1 NAT between its External IP and the IP ...
    • Re: [opensuse] Practicalities of IPv6
      ... NAT for IPv6 is under discussion by the IETF... ... if you want to hide your own network structure, especially if you may only use ... My home network is based on a wifi/router/firewall. ...
      (SuSE)
    • Re: Higher-End Home FW Question
      ... >> For a home network, or any small network, a NAT box running ICS, or ... >> some other NAT software, plus Tiny Personal Firewall on the NAT box ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • RE: NAT question
      ... Both the linksys box and the bridge do NAT (probably more correct to say ... internal network, and then I have another firewall inside my network, and I ...
      (Security-Basics)
    • Re: netscreen remote vpn login
      ... > Check the firmware on the LinkSys. ... >> and try to access the network I can do so with the security policy I ... >> to client's home network we both get the same issue. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)