Norton Personal Firewall 2003 Problem (Please Help)

From: Joe (joebeaven1_at_btinternet.com)
Date: 06/16/03

Date: 16 Jun 2003 01:43:45 -0700

Hi,

I've recently installed Norton Personal Firewall 2003 on my home
computer which is not networked and operates with Windows XP.
Sometimes it works OK, but often it just says that security is off and
everything is disabled and it won't let me change it. When I try, I
get the message: "You do not have the necessary rights to configure
the item you have double clicked." Also, if I click on options, I get
this: "Access Denied. Only the supervisor can view/change the
options". When it is running properly, I don't get these messages.

Please could someone suggest what I need to do to correct this problem
and get it running all the time?

Thanks,
Joe

Relevant Pages

  • Norton Personal Firewall 2003 Problem (Please Help)
    ... I've recently installed Norton Personal Firewall 2003 on my home ... computer which is not networked and operates with Windows XP. ... Only the supervisor can view/change the ...
  • Re: Fake Windoze Support Guys
    ... and managed to keep him -and- his supervisor on ... you get Windows support guys cold-calling people to help them ... themselve to criminal prosecution. ... "Terry Austin: like the polio vaccine, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: Fake Windoze Support Guys
    ... Linux, and they hang up on me! ... Windows support guys cold-calling people to help them with their ... one of the calls was a supervisor angry that ... But I notice answering machines seem no longer on the market, ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Re: Fake Windoze Support Guys
    ... Linux, and they hang up on me! ... Windows support guys cold-calling people to help them with their ... what the bad guys are up to, and have a few minutes to spare! ... one of the calls was a supervisor angry that ...
    (rec.arts.sf.fandom)
  • Secure pages blocked
    ... Took several repetitions in safe mode. ... It doesn't appear to be loading at windows ... Could Norton be blocking all of the ... Is the "supervisor" message ...