Norton Personal Firewall 2003 Problem (Please Help)

From: Joe (joebeaven1_at_btinternet.com)
Date: 06/16/03

Date: 16 Jun 2003 01:43:45 -0700

Hi,

I've recently installed Norton Personal Firewall 2003 on my home
computer which is not networked and operates with Windows XP.
Sometimes it works OK, but often it just says that security is off and
everything is disabled and it won't let me change it. When I try, I
get the message: "You do not have the necessary rights to configure
the item you have double clicked." Also, if I click on options, I get
this: "Access Denied. Only the supervisor can view/change the
options". When it is running properly, I don't get these messages.

Please could someone suggest what I need to do to correct this problem
and get it running all the time?

Thanks,
Joe