Re: WinXP Prof - Running ZoneAlarm at startup

From: Rob (ccc_at_btinternet.com)
Date: 06/14/03

Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 07:10:04 +0000 (UTC)

Many thanks for your information - I am delighted to hear that this
excellent product is in fact giving protection from computer start-up.

As an aside, does anyone know if the problems with the latest version of
Zone Alarm have been resolved yet

Rob
__________________________________

"mhicaoidh" <mhic_aoidh@hotmail.NX.com.SPM> wrote in message
> Taking a moment's reflection, Rob mused:
> |
> | I would be most grateful for advice on how to get ZA to run at computer
> | start-up rather than when an individual account is opened on WinXP Prof.
> | This is to ensure that firewall protection is available immediately - I
> | noticed that I could see my wife's PC before her ZA was running.
>
> ZA, on XP and 2000, runs as a service. It is loaded before you get to
> the logon prompt. The GUI portion of the firewall loads once you actually
> log on. So, if it is set to automatically load at startup, then it is
>
> When it is in this state, it allows all traffic explicitly allowed by
> your settings. Anything that is set to Block or Ask is blocked. Once the
> GUI loads, then those that are set to Ask then generate a prompt.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: WinXP Prof - Running ZoneAlarm at startup
    ... | This is to ensure that firewall protection is available immediately - I ... the logon prompt. ... The GUI portion of the firewall loads once you actually ... GUI loads, then those that are set to Ask then generate a prompt. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: WinXP Prof - Running ZoneAlarm at startup
    ... Rob ... >> the logon prompt. ... The GUI portion of the firewall loads once you ... >> GUI loads, then those that are set to Ask then generate a prompt. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)