Re: zone alarm, mozilla issue

From: Joe Canuck (Joe_Canuck_at_Canada.ca)
Date: 05/28/03

Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 19:15:12 -0400

Mbotsko wrote:
> Has anyone had an issue with zone alarm pro 3, (3.7 I think) when if
> it deflects several intrusion attempts, it cuts off web access to my
> browser? It is not set to block all if too many intrusions occur, and
> it does not block everything... kazaa and edonkey still run. It's just
> my web browser can no longer connect. Once I disable zone alarm (the
> second I do so) the web browser works fine again.
>
> Anyone have any idea whats going on?

Do you have any of the privacy options turned on... like cookie control?

Turn those options all off then try again, it may work without them.

I had this happen to me with the ZoneAlarm Pro version.

I dumped it and went to Kerio.

--
"Its the bugs that keep it running."
                                      -Joe Canuck

Relevant Pages

  • Re: simplified Python parsing question
    ... too busy, or they have email access but web access is restricted, or ... People with working hands don't understand how isolating and, ... to click the link, open a browser, go out to the Internet and read who ... Google Docs is, in my opinion, a nasty piece of rubbish ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • ZoneAlarm: browser lag on 1st Web access
    ... Both of my browsers have a long lag time ... subsequent tries with either browser go normally. ... If I disable ZoneAlarm right after startup, ... 1st Web access, but I don't know how to prevent it. ...
    (alt.comp.anti-virus)
  • Re: Leopard & Dialup Problems
    ... just fine) but web access has problems. ... Other than that: Which browser? ... Mac user: "Macs only have 40 viruses, ... Not even the virus writers support Macs!" ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: What is with ActiveSync stopping web browsing on the host machine?
    ... >> Note that it's the desktop that stops having web access. ... Ok, that's utterly bizarre. ... Does the browser on the phone work ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)