Re: Sellers of Outpost Are a great company in Cyprus -

From: FritzTheCat (fritz_at_9lives.com)
Date: 05/13/03

Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 21:01:49 -0400

Wrong on all counts George.

And by the way anonymity on the Internet is not unethical, it's
actually encouraged by those concerned with security and privacy.

They even teach kids not to give out their names and addresswhile
surfing.

Fritz

On Fri, 09 May 2003 12:07:22 GMT, George Wenzel <gwenzel@shaw.invalid>
wrote:

>I strongly suspect that the reason "anonymous" has such disdain for the
>Outpost firewall support forum is that he posted using the same
>disrespectful and profane language that he uses when he posts here, and
>was subsequently banned from the forums.
>
>Nobody can verify this, however, because of the poster's anonymity.
>While constructive criticism is welcome in the Outpost forums, abuse
>certainly is not.

Relevant Pages

  • the Webs ethical wildness
    ... This is a fascinating subject, for as the culture deteriorates, new ... an embrace of anonymity and romping dissent; ... privacy; and that persistent resistance to centralized control. ...
    (soc.retirement)
  • Re: Need advice about Proxy and IP
    ... Domainsbypoxy.com is an example of *weak* privacy protection. ... possiblility of invoking "client-solicitor privilege" it could be a form ... Old nemo outis is one of the cleverest men you are ever likely to ... are amenable to incorporation in one's schemes for privacy, anonymity, ...
    (alt.privacy)
  • Re: Please abandon this forum
    ... I believe all unmoderated cyber forums are problematic. ... What then will you do when the 'moderator' rubs you the wrong way? ... A rational, sane, civil person would not have those sick urges anyway and if he did, his civility would win over his sick desire to go kick another person, and for a civil person the superficial anonymity that internet provides is irrelevant if he's willing to stand behind everything he said anonymously, which I assume most civil, good "humans" would. ...
    (rec.music.classical.guitar)
  • Re: Something to read
    ... These programs offer a good degree of both anonymity and privacy. ... Tor will install Privoxy. ... One of the most useful attributes of Tor are its hidden services. ...
    (alt.privacy)