Re: Firewall question

From: Nobody (.@.)
Date: 03/14/03

From: "Nobody" <.@.>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 13:23:29 -0500

I just setup a Cisco PIX 506e firewall. By default it allows smtp 25 to
pass-through without any issues. The only minor problem that I had was name
resolution for my external pop3 server. I solved it by changing the server
name to it's IP address, that way I didn't have to go and open any conduits.

"al" <allen@somplace.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
> We will implement a PIX Firewall and we will start by blocking all ports
> going in and out of the Firewall.
> We have an email server inside the firewall, tcp port 25 will be open
coming
> in to the email server to be able to receive email.
> The question is which ports do I need to allow going out from the email
> server so we can send email out since all outgoing ports are currently
> blocked.
> Thanks,
> Al

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Interesting webserver intrusion (apache 1.3.31, mod_ssl 2.8.18, php 4.3.7)
    ... > fairly tight(only allowing 4 ports in), but perhaps I could tighten it ... The host systems firewall rules govern the access to the jailed system. ... What connections does your server need to ... Perhaps there is a 0-day for your ftp server out there. ...
    (Incidents)
  • Re: Add 2nd NIC after intial install?
    ... My biggest question with 1 NIC is: even if workstations are protected with individual firewall products, what is protecting the SBS server itself if ports are open for remote access through the Linksys firewall? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Source Code to Filter out WindowsMessenger POP-UPS
    ... Zone Alarm does NOT support 'server'. ... Very few ports are open, ... >What you are asking for amounts to a firewall. ... I would NOT search for source code to compile ...
  • Re: Using Office Outlook with exchange server behind windows firewall
    ... On our network I have windows firewall turned on, on both my small business server and my windows xp workstations. ... Based on an article I read about all the ports that exhange may use I also tried making exceptions for ports ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: NETFW.INF, Preconfigured Firewall settings and dialogs
    ... it is Windows Server 2003 SP1 firewall that i'm using. ... Using the document '832017 Port Requirements for the Microsoft Windows ... > to achieve the following goal: some ports are open by default and others ...