Re: Help with finding hardware firewall that acts like software firewall

From: phil (phil28340000@hotmail.com)
Date: 03/09/03

From: phil <phil28340000@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2003 21:13:31 -0600

I guess I am just very disapointed in the lack of being able to
adequatly configure my BEFSX41. It is very limiting in its opitons,
such as the inablity to filter a port both in/out bound - you have to
do one for each. The limited number of rules that can be established,
terrible logging (hard to read), and no feedback in real time as to
what has been blocked or why something has been denied. Could you
recommend another alternative firewall that might do better in these
areas? I have read about Sonic SOHO3, is that a good one? Thanks for
your help and advise.