From: Duane Arnold (email@example.com)
- Next message: Duane Arnold: "Re: W32.SQLExp.Worm"
- Previous message: Gary - US: "Re: selecting a free firewall"
- In reply to: John Gregory: "Re: W32.SQLExp.Worm"
- Next in thread: Duane Arnold: "Re: W32.SQLExp.Worm"
- Messages sorted by: [ date ] [ thread ] [ subject ] [ author ] [ attachment ]
From: "Duane Arnold" <firstname.lastname@example.org> Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 03:58:07 GMT
It's a though call to tell you anything, because you're saying technical
words like Netgear router and switch. We know what they are and it's clear
that is part of your network setup.
However, you do need to indicate what database software you're running for
sure. Is it MS SQL Server 2000, MSDE 2000 or nether one of them? Just
because Symantec is reporting to you about a worm related to SQL Server does
it mean the database is there on your network.
So tell us what you got and what Windows O/S you're using.
-- The protection of the machine is a process and is not a given!