Re: selecting a free firewall

From: Gary - US (gary_kcmo(NOSPAM)@hotmail.com)
Date: 01/29/03

From: "Gary - US" <gary_kcmo(NOSPAM)@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 18:23:26 GMT

IPCop.

<roystannard@hotkey.net.au> wrote in message
news:1103_1043810453@news.hotkey.net.au...
> Hi to all,
>
> could anybody advise on the best (or a good) choice of free firewalls for
home use. I've had a look at ZA and Sygate.
> Are there any others worth considering. I am running W2k.
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Roy Stannard

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Best free firewall to use
    ... noticed the rest of the list of free firewalls, ... The easiest ones to use are Zonealarm and Sygate, ... Sygate is still available, ... Sygate is not Vista ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: Is there a free version of BlackIce?
    ... >Are there any other free firewalls other than ZA or Kario that are worth ... Outpost from Agnitum is also worth a try. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: selecting a free firewall
    ... > could anybody advise on the best choice of free firewalls ... I've had a look at ZA and Sygate. ... The local computer may not have the necessary registry ... information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: firewall advice
    ... Does anyone know if there are free firewalls that would allow ... Sygate has the features I'm looking for in their free addition. ... hitting it or kicking it helped, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Zone Alarm accessing registry every 10 seconds
    ... That link lists 53 free firewalls, which is interesting, but nobody ... I seem to recall trying Sygate too, ... > the knowledge, time, or interest to setup complicated protocol & port ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)