Re: selecting a free firewall

From: Miguel (Miguel@nomail.com)
Date: 01/29/03

From: Miguel <Miguel@nomail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:20:23 GMT

roystannard@hotkey.net.au wrote in
news:1103_1043810453@news.hotkey.net.au:
> could anybody advise on the best (or a good) choice of free firewalls
> for home use. I've had a look at ZA and Sygate. Are there any others
> worth considering. I am running W2k.

I'm running ZA for a long time on different W2k pc's. The only minor I
have is that somethimes (1 or 2 times a month) the following message is
logged:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: True Vector Engine
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1
The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( True Vector Engine )
cannot
be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. The following information is part of the event: .
Data:
File "C:\WINNT\Internet Logs\\<somefile>" was corrupt and has been
deleted..

And I don't know what caused the event
and how to resolve this.

If you want to test your firewall,