Re: selecting a free firewall

From: Miguel (Miguel@nomail.com)
Date: 01/29/03

From: Miguel <Miguel@nomail.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 11:20:23 GMT

roystannard@hotkey.net.au wrote in
news:1103_1043810453@news.hotkey.net.au:
> could anybody advise on the best (or a good) choice of free firewalls
> for home use. I've had a look at ZA and Sygate. Are there any others
> worth considering. I am running W2k.

I'm running ZA for a long time on different W2k pc's. The only minor I
have is that somethimes (1 or 2 times a month) the following message is
logged:

Event Type: Error
Event Source: True Vector Engine
Event Category: None
Event ID: 1
The description for Event ID ( 1 ) in Source ( True Vector Engine )
cannot
be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry
information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote
computer. The following information is part of the event: .
Data:
File "C:\WINNT\Internet Logs\\<somefile>" was corrupt and has been
deleted..

And I don't know what caused the event
and how to resolve this.

If you want to test your firewall,
try http://scan.sygatetech.com

Miguel

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Best free firewall to use
    ... noticed the rest of the list of free firewalls, ... The easiest ones to use are Zonealarm and Sygate, ... Sygate is still available, ... Sygate is not Vista ...
    (alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt)
  • Re: firewall advice
    ... Does anyone know if there are free firewalls that would allow ... Sygate has the features I'm looking for in their free addition. ... hitting it or kicking it helped, ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Zone Alarm accessing registry every 10 seconds
    ... That link lists 53 free firewalls, which is interesting, but nobody ... I seem to recall trying Sygate too, ... > the knowledge, time, or interest to setup complicated protocol & port ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: selecting a free firewall
    ... > could anybody advise on the best choice of free firewalls for ... I've had a look at ZA and Sygate. ... > Are there any others worth considering. ... > Roy Stannard ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Free Firewall (software)
    ... >support Terminal Server. ... Thought Sygate did. ... There are a ton of free firewalls out ...