Re: Is a velociraptor a good choice?

From: russandsandy (russandsandy@no.slimey.spammers.attbi.noteven.com)
Date: 12/15/02

From: "russandsandy" <russandsandy@no.slimey.spammers.attbi.noteven.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 16:26:49 GMT

Have you looked at the Watchguard product line?

Great stuff. I've worked with most every other brand and the WG beats them
all in features, performance and configurability.

RT

"Jim" <JM@000.com> wrote in message
> I planned on using a Sonicwall Pro 200 for the firewall and VPN . Another
> person here came from an organization that used a velociraptor. Initial
need
> is for primary firewall for Internet connectivity (T1 or 1.5 Mb DSL),
about
> 10 remote users connecting by VPN and a possibility of connecting 10 users
> in another office by VPN.
>
> Is a proxy firewall such as the velociraptor much more secure or is it
> overkill?
>
> Thanks

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Active Sync 4.1 not connecting via MS PPTP VPN
    ... If your network administrator configured the VPN did they allow the PC to ... VPN client. ... X51 ActiveSync pops up and stays stuck in the "Connecting" screen. ... registry settings seem to be correct for firewall exceptions on the ...
    (microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync)
  • Re: Windows XP SP2 and Remote Desktop Connections
    ... It's other peoples sins that the firewall is helpful for, ... Can you say more about exactly how you are connecting? ... Can you ping your workstation via the VPN ... > on the local LAN, ...
  • Re: Win 2000 logging on through firewall
    ... read suggests they are for the purpose of connecting via ... >Use VPN. ... Don't just open up ports in your firewall to ... >from the Internet - it essentially turns your firewall ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Is a velociraptor a good choice?
    ... I planned on using a Sonicwall Pro 200 for the firewall and VPN. ... 10 remote users connecting by VPN and a possibility of connecting 10 users ... Is a proxy firewall such as the velociraptor much more secure or is it ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Is a velociraptor a good choice?
    ... > I planned on using a Sonicwall Pro 200 for the firewall and VPN. ... > person here came from an organization that used a velociraptor. ... > is for primary firewall for Internet connectivity, ... > 10 remote users connecting by VPN and a possibility of connecting 10 users ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)