Re: zone alarm splash screen

From: MF (wallacestevens54@yahoo.com)
Date: 12/15/02

From: "MF" <wallacestevens54@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 11:24:12 -0500

Hey, Doug.

Just changed the command line; haven't rebooted yet. Thanks for
the tip.

Mike

"Doug" <dlhuff54@NOSPAMbellsouth.net> wrote in message

> "MF" <wallacestevens54@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Hello all~!
> >
> > Here's a newbie question: I haven't had any problems with
> > ZoneAlarm. I had 2.6 something, then upgraded to the current
> > version. (the free one) Still not having problems, but now am
> > getting annoyed. Besides a new and stupid interface, they
have
> > added a splash screen that pops up every time Windows boots.
It
> > takes (wastes) about five or so seconds and the program itself
> > takes twice as long to load as it used to.
> >
> > Does anyone know how to get rid of the spash screen?
> >
> > TIA
> > Mike
> >

> Disabling Splash Screen in Zone Alarm:
>
> Click on Start, then click on Accessories. Click on Windows
Explorer, then
> click on Windows. Then click on All Users, then click on Start
Menu. Then
> click on Programs, then click on Startup. Right click on Zone
Alarm and
> click on Properties. In the Target box put in this command line:
> "C:\Program Files\Zone
Labs\ZoneAlarm\zonealarm.exe" -nopopup -nosplash
> Note the space before each hyphen. Click Okay and reboot.
>
> Doug

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Access Denied (was Moving a file corrupts it)
    ... Try again and copy/past the comments you are referring to. ... >I am having a problem similar to the one Mike posted a few weeks ago. ... I get the same result when I use the edit>cut>paste command. ... > specific program (I have Windows XPSP2). ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Access Denied (was Moving a file corrupts it)
    ... > When I wish to move a file from one folder to another, I usually use the> right click>cut>paste mouse command. ... > go to retrieve the file in its new location, I receive messages similar to> those listed by Mike. ... > My assumption is that there is a problem with Windows, rather than a> specific program. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: vista update
    ... rebooting from either OS X or Windows in their normal ways... ... Why is it not a standard reboot? ... The command line is simply not the standard way of working with the OS. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Access Denied (was Moving a file corrupts it)
    ... I am having a problem similar to the one Mike posted a few weeks ago. ... I get the same result when I use the edit>cut>paste command. ... I use the command right click>copy>paste, I can retrieve the file in its new ... specific program (I have Windows XPSP2). ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: How do I Restart Windows XP Without Restarting the Computer?
    ... > there is a need to restart? ... > According to what I'm told, it's really only Windows that needs to ... A reboot now is rebooting everything. ... > found a little command trick that might help you. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)