Re: FTP file out through a firewall failed unevenly

From: Duane Arnold (darnold92@Insightbb.com)
Date: 12/13/02

From: "Duane Arnold" <darnold92@Insightbb.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 23:25:15 GMT

The FTP thing could be about how big the file size is. I know a couple of
times, some files were put out on FTP for me to download. I don't know the
actual sizes anymore, but they were huge. Downloads on the order of several
hours to complete. I don't recall ever getting that to complete
successfully.

On the other issue about Excel timeout on a page, you may have to adjust the
timeout time until you get the right amount of time for all situations. You
could be having some *jump* issues, even on a T1 that's causing you some
delays and issues on amount of time needed with some users.

HTH

Duane :)

"C Chang" <cschang@maxinter.net> wrote in message
> Duane Arnold wrote:
> >
> > What kind of connection is your customer coming in on?
> >
> > Is it a dial-up connection?
> >
> > Is it a T1 connection?
> >
> > Are they coming through some ISP to connect?
> >
> > Are they logging in to an FTP site and downloading files?
> >
> > Do you really have a TCP/IP Sockets send program on the sever and
Sockets