Re: DO I HAVE A TROJAN?

From: ZZZZZZZ (whatever@HOTMAIL.COM)
Date: 12/08/02

From: "ZZZZZZZ" <whatever@HOTMAIL.COM>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 09:54:11 -0800

Then your disallusioned to think that ''NAV'' is going to catch every
trojan ,as this is a major myth with alot of AVPS,.,,,,,,,,,,,,,the only one
that comes close to full protection is ''KAPERSKY''!

> Oh, and by the way, don't download a 3rd party "trojan cleaner". If your
> antivirus don't have the ability to detect and alert you of trojans, get
> better antivirus. My NAV works great in this respect, and it even has
> script-blocking capabilities, since some trojans and viruses and worms are
> script-based.
> And mine's NAV 2001.

---

  • Re: NAV
    ... You are right NAV was never designed to pick up trojans and hasn't been ... > Actually Norton touts itself as being able to pick up Trojans. ... > " Symantec's Norton AntiVirusT 2004 is the world's most trusted antivirus ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Trojan.ByteVerify virus
    ... "VerifierBug-Class -with NAV False Positive?" ... four Trojans 3 of the VerifierBug.Class and 1 Verify-1-CLA. ... I have absolutely no idea what the first 3 so called VerifierBug-Class ... Of course as I said it is my untrained, uneducated opinion. ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Which is THE BEST antivirus
    ... the whole strategy and approach adopted in that fight. ... >> some trojans and a worm slipped through. ... But why didn't NAV discover and remove them?? ... >How to Use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: iSearch Toolbar/downloader.trojan
    ... That's just a generic term for a type of trojan, let NAV take care of it. ... Mike Burgess [MVP Windows Shell\User] http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/ ... Blocking Spyware, Adware, Parasites, Hijackers, Trojans, with a HOSTS file ...
    (microsoft.public.security.virus)
  • Re: Which is THE BEST antivirus
    ... > some trojans and a worm slipped through. ... But why didn't NAV discover and remove them?? ... How to use XPs Help and Support ... How to Use the Microsoft Product Support Newsgroups ...
    (microsoft.public.security)