Re: router for firewall on home PC?

From: NeoSadist (neos@dist)
Date: 12/04/02

From: "NeoSadist" <neos@dist>
Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 05:49:29 -0700

"David" <davidwnh@adelphia.net> wrote in message
news:UPbH9.24122$kO5.4601176@news1.news.adelphia.net...
> I wonder how widespread this Linksys SPI issue is? The posts I have seen
> regarding this problem have been regarding their routers that have
wireless
> AP functionality. I have a somewhat similar router without the wireless AP
> functionality and there has been no new firmware issued (or vulnerability
> notes for that matter) since the SPI issue arose. So I wonder if the
problem
> is limited to their routers that have wireless AP functionality. Is there
> anyone here that has a linksys router model that does not have wireless
> capabilities that has a recent firmware upgrade that specifically
addressed
> the SPI issue or rids the SPI functionality which had been previously
> included? And if so which model?
>
> Enquiring minds want to know :)
>
> > Sorry Neo the SPI is not that good on the Linksys routers I got it from
> the
> > horse's mouth (Linksys) that they are having lots of issue with it. In
> fact,
> > SPI is disabled on my BEFW11S4 v1 router and it disappeared on the v2
and
> > firmware 1.43, which is being used on a lot of Linksys products.

Yeah, I wonder how widespread it is too, since I've heard absolutely nothing
about it in the first place.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: router for firewall on home PC?
    ... I wonder how widespread this Linksys SPI issue is? ... AP functionality. ... is limited to their routers that have wireless AP functionality. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Are router CDs useless to techies, but Wireless adaptor CDs useful ?
    ... wireless adaptors, and CDs for routers. ... users to configure their routers with a wizard.. ... People recommend linksys but I and my techie friends have all had bad ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Bridge Problem with 2 wifi ap
    ... i have 2 wired network and i want to connect them wirelessly the ... used the same name for them too.Now when i search for wireless ... now the adsl routers i am using to test this connection is linksys ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Setting up 2 wireless routers
    ... I want to set up 2 wireless ... Nothing will be connected to the Linksys wired. ... also want to be able to access my desktop from my Xbox 360 so I want ... routers nor if I need to disable DHCP or what. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: LinkSys WRTG54 Problem w/ Pop & SMTP Access
    ... We can't quite say that yet, but we do know your 2 new routers behaved ... This problem affects both wired and wireless connections. ... LinkSys suggested port triggering. ... The only good part about all of this is I now know how to install a 10-node ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)