Re: behind a router

Date: 11/02/02

Date: Sat, 02 Nov 2002 18:38:19 GMT

Taking a moment's reflection, Loc mused:

| I've a NETGEAR DG814 router and I'd like to access to the machine behind
| using with VNC. How configure my router to do that ?

    You'll likely have to forward ports from the router to the machine
running VNC. Check docs to find which ports VNC uses.

Relevant Pages

  • How did they get behind my NAT?
    ... this point I panicked and shutdown the VNC service ASAP. ... My question is how the attacker got to my VNC port! ... the internet through the router. ... client connection using local port number 5900 (which was also being ...
    (alt.computer.security)
  • How did they get past my NAT?
    ... kicked in on my VNC server - my desktop background image disappeared ... this point I panicked and shutdown the VNC service ASAP. ... My question is how the attacker got to my VNC port! ... the internet through the router. ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: Remote mvBase Access...
    ... and straightforward - requires no software installatiom on the client (it ... >>Depends on the firewall/ router, so I can't really comment specifically. ... > them through installation of VNC or similar on their machine. ... IIRC on port 5500). ...
    (comp.databases.pick)
  • Re: VPN connection question
    ... But if he wants to create an ipsec VPN connection into the ... just a VNC, ... Set the Router for port forwarding to ... random port scans forwarded to my XP box. ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • Remaining a member of Workgroup after I move
    ... but also have tight VNC and a lynksys ... computer age from a remote location. ... >home run on cable modem through a Linksys router. ... the router is acting as DHCP server. ...